SPB is one of the pioneer players in the
oil palm industry in Sarawak. Currently SPB has a total land bank of
49,893 hectares of which 12,914 hectares is under the Native Customary
Rights (NCR) scheme.
SPB, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Sarawak Plantation Agriculture
Development Sdn Bhd (SPAD), owns sixteen (16) oil palm estates with a
total planted area of 28,243 hectares as at 31 December 2012. Further,
in response to the State Government’s policy on NCR land development,
SPB, through its subsidiary, SPB PELITA Suai Sdn Bhd (SP Suai), has
developed and fully planted 1,855 hectares of NCR land in Sarawak with
SPAD also owns 2 palm oil mills, with a total designed capacity of 180
MT/hour, located at Niah and Mukah, respectively.
The core business activities of the SPB Group are:
• Development, cultivation and management of oil palm plantations on a
• Milling of fresh fruit bunches (FFB) into crude palm oil (CPO) and
palm kernel (PK).
• Plantation management services.
• Strategic investment to develop NCR land into oil palm plantations.
• Operation of a seed production unit supplying high yielding seeds and
• Providing laboratory and technical services for the oil palm industry.
SPB is the only oil palm seed producer in Sarawak and it owns and
operates a seed production unit. It is capable to produce around 2
million seeds currently and it targets to produce 6 million seeds by
2014. These high quality seeds are certified by SIRIM and are licensed
for sale by the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB). They are especially
well suited to the peat soil conditions in Sarawak. Apart from providing
seeds for internal use, SPB also sells its seeds to other plantations